- Sad: South African Gospel Singer Matlakala Ramathoka Dies At 43
- President Buhari Cancels Medical Trip To London, Invites Physicians To Nigeria
- DOWNLOAD Music: SLIC Team – Happy birthday Sinach
- KabiesiTv launch TheGoodNewsTvShow on Dstv, Gotv and Consat
- Cobhams Asuquo: Singer, Waje, Nosa Bring The Heavens Down At “For You” Album Kick-off Tour Concert (Photos & Video)
- MUSIC Video: Trip Lee – Too Cold
- DOWNLOAD Music: Oscar Urbina – Carousel (ft. Mogli the Iceburg)
- Find Out How To Thrive In All Seasons And Receive Your God Given Inheritance In “The Blessing” by Rotimi Kaleb
- Obasanjo Reveals How He Built A Church While In Prison And Won Souls For God
- Gospel Artiste, Stella Damasus Steps Out In Her Husband’s Shirt & She Slays
Adeboye: CAN Reacts To The Sack Of FRC Boss, Jim Obazee, By President Buhari
- Updated: January 10, 2017
The Leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria CAN, have reacted to the sack of the Executive Secretary of the Financial Reporting Council (FRC) Executive Secretary, Jim Obazee, by President Buhari, yesterday January 9th. Obazee effected the Corporate Governance Code that prohibits leaders of non-profit organizations, including churches, from being in office for more than 20 years.
This law which implemented by Obazee recently, forced the General overseer of RCCG, Pastor E.A Adeboye, to announce his retirement last Saturday. Speaking to DailyTrust, the General Secretary of CAN, Rev. Musa Asake said Obazee’s sack proved that anybody who fought with the church will find himself in a place that he doesn’t want.
“The sack of Jim (Obazee) is good riddance to bad rubbish. Anybody that wants to fight the church will find himself where he does not want. Jim got to the position by the grace of God, but set out to probe and destroy the church of God. I spoke with him several times on this issue but he wouldn’t listen. He was going to take the church to what is worse than Armageddon. Thank God the authorities have stepped in to right the wrong. He should have been fired a long time ago and we don’t know why he was left alone, but God’s time is always the best. That code should be thrown out completely because government should not interfere with the church. The church is a no-go zone for the government. Doing that has serious implications. It they attempt it, it will lead to confusion in the nation.”