- PRAISE Report: Woman Gives Birth To Triplets At IDP Camp In Tanzania
- “Hitler Didn’t Steal Power. He Was Elected By His People” Pope Francis Warns Against Populist Leaders Coming To Power
- President Trump Responds to #WomensMarch on Twitter
- “The Love Triangle” – A Short Christian Love Story By Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola
- “It’s Time To Eradicate ISIS From The Face Of The Earth” – President Trump Tells CIA
- Yahya Jammeh Departs The Gambia, Begins Exile
- NOW OUT!!! AMI (Formerly Known As Provabs) Releases Highly Anticipated Album “Identity”
- Video: How To Treat Your wife: The Difference Between Barrack Obama & Donald Trump
- Funke Akindele: ‘Only Prayers Can Deliver Actress From Barrenness’ – Prophet Faleyimu
- Kirk Franklin’s Lovely 21st Anniversary Message for His Wife Tammy Is So Sweet
Adeboye: CAN Reacts To The Sack Of FRC Boss, Jim Obazee, By President Buhari
- Updated: January 10, 2017
The Leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria CAN, have reacted to the sack of the Executive Secretary of the Financial Reporting Council (FRC) Executive Secretary, Jim Obazee, by President Buhari, yesterday January 9th. Obazee effected the Corporate Governance Code that prohibits leaders of non-profit organizations, including churches, from being in office for more than 20 years.
This law which implemented by Obazee recently, forced the General overseer of RCCG, Pastor E.A Adeboye, to announce his retirement last Saturday. Speaking to DailyTrust, the General Secretary of CAN, Rev. Musa Asake said Obazee’s sack proved that anybody who fought with the church will find himself in a place that he doesn’t want.
“The sack of Jim (Obazee) is good riddance to bad rubbish. Anybody that wants to fight the church will find himself where he does not want. Jim got to the position by the grace of God, but set out to probe and destroy the church of God. I spoke with him several times on this issue but he wouldn’t listen. He was going to take the church to what is worse than Armageddon. Thank God the authorities have stepped in to right the wrong. He should have been fired a long time ago and we don’t know why he was left alone, but God’s time is always the best. That code should be thrown out completely because government should not interfere with the church. The church is a no-go zone for the government. Doing that has serious implications. It they attempt it, it will lead to confusion in the nation.”