- PRAISE Report: Woman Gives Birth To Triplets At IDP Camp In Tanzania
- “Hitler Didn’t Steal Power. He Was Elected By His People” Pope Francis Warns Against Populist Leaders Coming To Power
- President Trump Responds to #WomensMarch on Twitter
- “The Love Triangle” – A Short Christian Love Story By Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola
- “It’s Time To Eradicate ISIS From The Face Of The Earth” – President Trump Tells CIA
- Yahya Jammeh Departs The Gambia, Begins Exile
- NOW OUT!!! AMI (Formerly Known As Provabs) Releases Highly Anticipated Album “Identity”
- Video: How To Treat Your wife: The Difference Between Barrack Obama & Donald Trump
- Funke Akindele: ‘Only Prayers Can Deliver Actress From Barrenness’ – Prophet Faleyimu
- Kirk Franklin’s Lovely 21st Anniversary Message for His Wife Tammy Is So Sweet
STORY: Jackie Hill-Perry Says ‘Every Part Of Us Needs God’ Not Just The Sin
- Updated: December 29, 2016
Jackie Hill-Perry wrote a short blurb on the Desiring God website called “Every Part of Us Needs God.” In the article, she revisited an interview from 2014 where she talked about her experiences with homosexuality.
“Satan, the world, and our own flesh seek to pull us apart with conflicting ideas of how to approach our sexuality. But before we can truly begin to arrange our sexuality in a God-honoring way, we must be made right before God himself. Only the children of God can genuinely please him with their lives, including their sexuality. Only the sin nature that has been crucified with Christ (Galatians 2:20) can be overcome in our daily practice,” she wrote.
In the video portion of the article, Hill-Perry shared her advice on Christians dealing with homosexual sin and temptation.
“It’s natural for us to have affections for things that God isn’t pleased with,” she said. Most importantly, she said this as not a way to condone it, but confirming that temptation affects weakness.
She continued, “The church has separated homosexuality, but really the issue is the heart…we are holistically in need of God in every area, not just homosexuality.”
The rapper said she doesn’t know of a scripture where God said he’d take temptation away but there is certainly evidence that God has given us “the power to flee them.”
She wrote, “God never promises that our desires will be perfectly ordered in this life. In fact, he says that the struggle against sin will remain in some sense (Galatians 5:17).”
“God has given you the power to not walk in that anymore.”
Watch the interview below: