Learn about the the unique requirements of
Christian marriages are no easy feat.
They require a lot of things, such as unending forgiveness, patience, submission and so on.
With all of these, it is easy to get sidetracked or give up.
Today, we are reminded of the original structure of the institution of marriage.
Here are five teachings from the Book of Ephesians, the tenth book of the New Testament.
1. Eph. 5:22 – “Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.” 24: “Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.”
2. Eph. 5: 25 – “Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.” 28: “So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.”
3. Eph. 5: 31 – “For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.”
4. Eph. 5: 20 – “Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
5. Eph. 5: 2 – “And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.”