Psalm 127:3 -4 says, “Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.”
Raising children is not the easiest task in the world, however, recognizing that they are gifts from God puts things in perspective.
Thankfully, these gifts come with clear instructions from God, in the Bible, because He cares about their upbringing.
Here are five verses on how to raise your offspring, in the right/Godly way.
1. Deuteronomy 6:6-7, “These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. ”
2. Proverbs 23:13–14, “Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you strike him with a rod, he will not die. If you strike him with the rod, you will save his soul from Sheol.”
3. Ephesians 6:4, “Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.”
4. Proverbs 22:6, “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.”
5. Leviticus 19:29, “Do not profane your daughter by making her a prostitute, lest the land fall into prostitution and the land become full of depravity.”